40 min cooking time
This soup is very sweet and satisfying. We all love this soup as carrots have a relaxing and strengthening effect.
4 cups of water
4 medium carrots
1 large onion or 2 medium onions
2 Tablespoons of white miso
Scallions or parsley for garnish
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Cut carrots in matchsticks (coarse sizes are fine) and dice onions.
- Put cut up veggies into the pot and lower the heat to medium.
- Bring the water to a boil again, lower the flame, and cook until veggies are done or for 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Then blend the soup in a blender or simply mash it up with a potato masher for a chunkier, coarser consistency.
- Once the soup is blended, mix miso and add to the soup.
- Cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes to allow the miso to cook into the soup.
- Garnish with sliced scallions or parsley and enjoy!